Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is
The amount of female coworkers I encounter that are shocked and confused that I identify as a feminist is just
They were doing this on campus today; I stopped and looked on but (for once) did not give my two cents. So I’ll give it here.
I need feminism because people contribute my attraction only to women to the fact that I was victim to abuse by a man.
ALL my rage.
Oh, please continue dictating how women should present themselves and take away the control they have over their own appearance. Please continue pressurising women to fit into one category when they should be able to do whatever the heck they want to do.
wow fuck this in every way
GIRLS GROWING HAIR??? NO WAAY!!
HAH WE SHALL GIVE THEM NO SEX YES THAT SHALL THEACH THEM!!!1!
NO WAY THESE LADIES CAN LIVE WITHOUT THE D??
Looks like I’m gonna participate in #NoDForever
Fuck them all. Wow man I’m really sad now about this “D” that will be denied me in December.
Too often, people look at women and automatically associate being skinny with being weak, being bigger with being lazy, and everything in between is totally overlooked. Women can be strong, too!!
The next person that makes a snarky comment about my size in an assumption of my strength is getting a roundhouse kick to the face.
Lizzy and I participated in Take Back the Night this past weekend
Staceyann Chin came
Everything was wonderful and and terrible and just powerful and wow